How "The Redskins" and Mayor Dwight Jones Continue to Scalp the City of Richmond Taxpayers ...
- Finance committee reported that the Redskins training camp is on track to have a $17,000 net loss.
- Budget committee reported $10,000 in maintenance repair.
- Received $831,000 in naming rights for the training facility, but noted that most of this money would have to be turned over to the city and may go toward off-setting the city’s required $542,000 annual contribution to the Redskins.
- EDA had to pay $4,000 for extensions for the goal posts.
- EDA net loss of $257,000 from RVAWorks and EDA which is not sustainable.
- EDA needs (another) $125,000 annually from project or city funding. “Will city council be kind enough to give?” “EDA will not be in existence 5 years from now unless we do something.”
- Still no contract signed for leasing 2nd floor of building at Redskins training camp.
- Unanimously voted to adopt budget. (!)
- Sold property at 10th and Broad to use as leverage to purchase other property. EDA has no legislative income, and cannot continue to spend down resources. (!)
- EDA had $1,100,000 two years ago, but EDA has $900,000 now.
- Again appealed to Jane Ferrara that they needed $125,000 annual revenue from the city. (!)
- Advantech running $159,000 loss. (!)
(Please forgive the bold red type face above ... this on top of Hizzoner Jones telling RICHMOND vendors they have to pay $2,500 extra to sell food near the camp makes me so spitting mad).